In Nordic live action role-playing (LARP) circles, he's known as the author of "the Manifesto of the Turku School" (2000), advocating immersive gaming, as the designer of several experimental LARPs, and as the author of several published roleplaying books. Several of Pohjola's artistic and theoretical articles have been published in journals and magazines in Europe and the United States.
Pohjola's first novel, Kadonneet kyyneleet was published in the summer of 2008. Also in 2008, he released the nonfiction book Sanaleikkikirja, a collection of Finnish puns and wordplay.
- Myrskyn aika, 2003, Johnny Kniga Publishing
- Star Wreck Roleplaying Game, 2006, Energia Productions
- Tähti, 2007, Riimuahjo Publishing
- Age of the Tempest, 2013, Tactic
- Book of LARP, 2003, Interactivities Ink
- As Larp Grows Up, 2003, Projektgruppen KP03
- Beyond Role and Play, 2004, Ropecon ry.
- Dissecting Larp, 2005
- Kadonneet kyyneleet, 2008, Gummerus Kustannus Oy
- Sanaleikkikirja, 2008, Gummerus Kustannus Oy
- Ihmisen poika, 2011, Gummerus Kustannus Oy